At Birches Head Academy students are set home learning tasks in all subjects. These tasks will help them to improve and will support the education that they receive in school. Teachers aim to make the home learning tasks as purposeful as possible. Home learning tasks will be set in accordance with the homework timetable (see link below). The homework timetable can be seen in student planners and can also be viewed below, including an overview of potential home learning tasks that link to the topics being taught at that time. We encourage all home learning to be recorded in student planners.
- Students are responsible for completing all home learning tasks on time and to the best of their ability.
- Teachers will support a student if they are finding the work difficult. Don’t be afraid to ask for extra help.
- Parents can support with the tasks but the work must be completed by the student
- All teachers value the effort that your child puts into these tasks.
- Teachers will make contact with home to congratulate students on excellent effort.
What if I forget?
- In the first instance you will be given an extension of 24 hours by your teacher. If you fail to submit your home learning you will receive a sanction by your teacher.
Please click below to download the homework timetables:
Please refer to the ‘Gateway’ for the dedicated homework page for each subject area.
Click on the department below to find out what homework your child should be receiving for each department