CONSULTATION FOR PROPOSED ADMISSION ARRANGEMENTS 2018/2019
As you may be aware, Birches Head Academy is a Foundation/Trust school and the Governing Body is the admission authority. The School Admissions Code 2014 states that Admissions Authorities must consult on their Admissions policy at least once every seven years, even if there have been no changes during that period. Birches Head Academy are not proposing any changes at this stage, however this may be subject to change when full conversion to an Academy has been completed.
Accordingly, the Governors are undertaking this statutory consultation process with the parents and other stakeholders for Birches Head Academy including:
- parents of children between the ages of two and eighteen;
- other persons in the relevant area who in the opinion of the admission authority have an interest in the proposed admissions;
- all other admission authorities within the relevant area (except that primary schools need not consult secondary schools);
- whichever of the governing body and the Local Authority who are not the admission authority;
- any adjoining neighbouring Local Authorities where the admission authority is the Local Authority; and
- in the case of schools designated with a religious character, the body or person representing the religion or religious denomination.
Birches Head Academy wishes to invite interested parties to take part in this consultation on the Admission Policy – to view the Admissions Policy 2018-19 please click here.
Interested parties wishing to comment on the proposed admission arrangements should do so by email to email@example.com with a subject heading of Admissions Consultation or in writing to Birches Head Academy, Birches Head Road, Birches Head, Stoke on Trent, ST2 8DD.
The consultation will take place for 6 weeks between Wednesday 14th December 2016 and Tuesday 31 January 2017